Saturday 11 April 2009

Ewww!

Before you all get diabetes from the sweetness of Chrysalis' cute baby, I'll just go off onto another of my trademark creepy-crawlies tributes.

Chrysalis called me into the bathroom last night to show me this really freaky caterpillar. On closer inspection, it turned out to be not one caterpillar, but a whole mass of squirmy larvae crawling as one mass.

40 freaky worms

Gross!

The rainy season has started early here, the garden is flooding, and there's a different plague of bugs every night. We've been invaded by hoards of ants, annoying beetles that grip onto one's hair and clothes (and have a penchant for sticking in dreadlocks), weird suicidal flying ants, lots of little bitty green flies, and the ever-ubiquitous mosquitoes.

So it isn't all coconut shakes and beaches in paradise :p

l

l

l

l

l

l

l

l

 

1 comment:

  1. Ewww! Is right! I'd considered making Thailand our base for our Southeast Asia touring years, now I think we'll just go with our original Oz plan! I couldn't handle all those creepy crawlies and buzzie mozzies.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely words, witty banter and entertaining discussion :)