Friday 26 October 2007

What A Week

Whoooee!
I just realised it's been a whole week since I posted. Lots been happening, I suppose...
Mostly I've just been staying home with Littletree, spending time together.
Been working on the garden, which is now getting close to its pre-gathering state and about ready for some new improvements. I saw an incredibly beautiful spider in amongst the weeds, it was quite small; a little too small for me to successfully capture with my little camera, but its body was shiny gold and silver.

Been reading lots; since we went to the library and borrowed books. Littletree is really starting to get into reading and writing. She is constantly asking how to spell things, and asking me to help her write: she says what she wants to write, and I tell her how to spell it, and how the letters are formed. She's really writing legible sentences.
I bought a little electric oven, so we've been baking cakes and muffins and pizza - Yum!

Rapunzel came to stay with us too, which has been really nice. Littletree loves her to bits, and the two of them got into the jar of glitter, which is still covering the house four days later!



.
..
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
..
.
.
So while the glitter-fairies are dressing up like princesses, I've been studying a lot; I got a new midwifery textbook, which is great to sink my teeth into. I start feeling ready to venture into the world of birthing again, maybe network a bit and get some clients.

We've been having quite a girl's party, with Rapunzel staying, and also Rinka came to stay for a couple of days too.

It was interesting mostly to see how Rapunzel is so real and honest with what she eats, munching chips and sweets to her heart's desire, while Rinka was doing a fruit cleanse.
Mostly we just hung out. Playing ticklemonster with Littletree, chatting about healing, and birthing, and education, and family, baking, we went over to the cafe across the road, we swam in the pool...
Today was storytime at the library again, Littletree made a teddybear puppet. Her's was definately the least "beautiful" one of all the kids' (read: not neatly cut and glued, nor coloured within the lines), but her's was the only one that was done without parental assistance.
It's been a nice week. and Purple is due to come back on Monday.

1 comment:

Thanks for your lovely words, witty banter and entertaining discussion :)