Monday 15 June 2009

Kookaburra

The day after I got my new camera, I had a great opportunity to try out the zoom - standing on our balcony we saw a kookaburra swoop down and snatch up a mouse. It flew up to a tree at the bottom of the garden, and sat on a branch with it for a while, posing.

P1010155

Well, it's hard to see with the wide angle lens, but zooming in 5x:

P1010150

And then zooming in all the way (with the digital zoom):

P1010153

It was very cool to watch how it killed the mouse by bashing it on the branch and shaking it around.

P1010157

Littletree was fascinated. And I'm very impressed with my new zoom :)

6 comments:

  1. Aak! We jsut saw one of these in the Austrailia pavilion at the zoo...Nothing about mouse bashing was mentioned! Just goes to prove that real life is so much more colourful!

    The camera works great! I'm even impressed with the digital zoom.

    ~Mrs. A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos MF,

    hope you are well now

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so i guess they don't eat gumdrops after all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH Poor Mouse! And here I was thinking how cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, a lovely place.
    That looks like a rat!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely words, witty banter and entertaining discussion :)