Wednesday 17 December 2008

My Hairy Neighbour

As if the crazy big ant wasn't bad enough, yesterday Littletree looked out the bedroom window to see this "little" guy on the eaves:

12 spider

I wasn't crazy enough to put something next to him for scale, but he is about 15cm (6") leg-span. Thank goodness for zoom; yikes!

I closed the window quick smart though, and just opened it a crack to take the photo before I closed it again. Littletree was really interested in it and spent quite a while studying it through the window. (It's just a huntsman I think)

In any case, we should be getting possession of our new house soon, so we'll be saying goodbye to this hairy scary.

3 comments:

  1. What a beauty! We had a big one like that running through our lounge room once, it was so big I thought it was a mouse at first. Well, I hope he/she isn't planning on snuggling up in bed with you guys, as it is a bit wet out there ATM!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking you meant something else by hairy neighbor. LOL Good riddance, you hairy thang you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely words, witty banter and entertaining discussion :)