Friday 24 December 2010

Hand Made Presents

Being that we live in Australia now, and I’m all for participating in the local culture, customs and traditions of wherever we happen to be, I decided to give a few of our friends and neighbours Christmas presents this year.

Of course, I’m still me, so rather than going to buy random stuff to wrap up, I made special batches of my organic chocolate truffles in various flavours – the new favourite is Chilli-Citrus.

P1050405

I folded some origami gift boxes - little-known fact about me: I did four years of Japanese in school, but I can’t remember more than a few words and phrases. I do, however, remember how to make origami gift boxes.

P1050401

The end result was fantastic; a cheap and easy way to create beautiful, effective gifts… and the best part; even better than being home-made, nourishing, organic treats… they’re DELICIOUS!

P1050407

Mmmmmmmm!

6 comments:

  1. I love who you are...and I want some truffles...lol!

    love to you and little Tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, if I'm ever your neighbour I can't wait til Christmas :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto to the first two comments!! Nomm!

    Any chance of a tutorial for the origami boxes? They look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. come on over and pick yours up Mrs K!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I second the motion for an origami box tutorial. What a lovely gift idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely words, witty banter and entertaining discussion :)